Our client is seeking a Procurement interim to provide day to day support of organisational procurement requirements, as well as a focus to support a number of active projects, implementing compliant procurement best practice and delivering maximum value for money for these projects.
You will be expected to have an active role in ensuring Procurement processes are streamlined as far as possible and ensuring the organisation remains complaint with regulations.
Our client has a number of procurement activities in the following areas. Successful candidates can expect to provide support in all of these areas.
• Marketing and related digital services
• Facilities and Estates summer works program
• Finance and Audit including banking services, audit and debt collection
• Information Technology including hardware and infrastructure projects
You should be able to demonstrate relevant experience of working within a procurement function in a large or complex organisation, with a number of different stakeholders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To support multiple project teams develop tender specifications and evaluation criteria in accordance with best practice, and in compliance with internal and external regulations
• Ensure all appropriate tenders are conducted and awarded through the procurement system
• Ensure all internal decision making processes are followed before awarding any contracts
• Ensure all procurement exercises obtain value for money
• Prepare reports and ensure all documentation is in place to support procurement decisions made following the tender process
• Ensure all supplier contracts accurately reflect the requirements and accepted offer, are validated by the solicitor and signed by the appropriate persons in the organisation
• Support the analysis of supplier data as part of a wider due diligence project to deliver enhanced supplier functionality and help deliver projects to satisfy legal compliance
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills, able to build positive relationships with colleagues, customers and key stakeholders
• Strong negotiator, commercially focused with a knowledge of contract management and legal issues relating to Procurement Law
• Good communicator with strong analytical, interpretation and information presentation skills
Values, Behaviours and Competencies:
• Quality - Delivers and encourages continuous improvement - sees projects through to completion, and reviews end results to learn
• Valuing People - Demonstrates and encourages inclusivity, trust and rapport in teams - is supportive - recognises, responds and respects individual needs/difference
• Customer Focus - Creates a service culture within and across teams - develops customer focused, easy to use systems/procedures that focus on meeting customer needs
• Opportunity & Openness - Takes ownership of change and encourages innovation - offers support - to those succeeding as well as those struggling
• Challenge & Innovation - Develops, nurtures and utilises expertise for the benefit of customers and colleagues - keeps people informed and involves people in implementing local change
If you feel you possess the above key experience and would like to be considered for this post, please apply now for immediate consideration and for more information.
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment, offering temporary, contract and permanent solutions. Over the last decade we have built up an enviable relationship with key employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation, making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
For the latest industry news, views and jobs follow our LinkedIn page (link removed) />
Sellick Partnership have gone mobile. Simply visit our website using your mobile device to ensure that you don't miss out on your next career move......