Fleet Service Engineer position available for the Local Authority – IMMIDATE START
Full time / 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
South London Area / £16 per hour
Temporary – Ongoing position for the Local Authority
To co-ordinate maintenance, servicing, modifications and inspections, including MOT and LGV tests on all vehicles operated by the Council’s fleet.
Responsible for ensuring all vehicles operated by the Council remain road worthy and fully compliant with all relevant legislation including the rules governing Goods Vehicle Operation (Operators License) as administered by the Department of Transport.
Duties include but not limited:
- Responsible for the safe and lawful operation of the Council’s fleet of vehicles. This entails setting up and monitoring processes and policies that ensure all vehicle related issues are reported and acted upon.
- Arrange all maintenance requirements for the transport unit.
- To assist with maintaining that all requirements are met to protect the “O” licence, prompt drivers, request vehicle for service, inspections and MOTs in accordance with the service schedule.
- To carry out driving assessments and licence checks for new drivers, ascertain risk on behalf of the council.
- To assist in the ad-hoc hire of vehicles, check vehicle condition and report. Assist with vehicle changeovers
If you are interested in this position, please send a copy of your CV to (email address removed) or call 02085302288 and speak to Charlotte or Georgina to discuss in greater detail.