Senior HR Assistant – London – 5 month contract – Up to £235 Umbrella or £188.06 PAYE
We are currently recruiting for a Senior HR Assistant to work for a government department based in London on a 5 month contract. Candidates with experience of providing a HR Assistant duties within a government department are particularly desirable
• Ensuring the group’s inbox is monitored throughout the day to identify emails for action or information only
• Acting as a single point of contact for cross group HR responses to briefings and requests
• Preparation of presentations, reports, briefings and other materials as required, often to tight deadlines.
• Lead on producing timetables for HR
• Leading on planning for all HR Senior Leadership team meetings including keeping an up to date forward look of agenda items and ensuring papers are submitted on time.
• Leading on the planning, development and implementation of group HR engagement and communications.
• Leading on utilising new communications methods and media to increase engagement and two-way communications within the department.
• Providing project support to the HR Transformation project and leading on ad hoc projects/ research.
• Ensuring the diary managers strategically plan diaries for upcoming months based on current urgent issues and departmental priorities.
• Ensuring the organisation of meetings and events on behalf of the group HRD including logistics, agenda planning, commissioning/coordinating papers/briefings for agenda items from the appropriate teams and circulation of meeting papers to attendees in advance, note-taking, action log and follow-up.
Essential skills and experience
• Be able to manage their time effectively and prioritise workloads as necessary to deliver quality work in a high paced environment.
• Have good problem solving & decision making skills, be able to think creatively and resolve conflicting priorities.
• Have excellent drafting and briefing skills.
• Have a delivery focus with experience of effective senior stakeholder engagement.
• Have a focus on introducing new improved working practices to improve smooth running of group HRD’s office.
• Be flexible to changing priorities and adaptable to change.
• Be confident and competent in using Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
Please apply without delay as there is a deadline with this role. Ref: 15246834
To apply for this role please send through your CV for consideration and we will be in touch should your experience match our criteria. Unfortunately due to high volume we will only be able to contact those who have been shortlisted
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.