Sellick Partnership has been engaged to recruit an interim Purchase Ledger Clerk to work for an educational establishment client within the Greater Manchester region.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this role will ensure that all transactions are processed in an accurate manor, in accordance with the policies that the organisation hold. This role would require working for 42 weeks of the year in line with the academic year.
The key accountabilities will include:-
- Ensure that the purchase requisitions are received and processed on the accounting systems in a timely manner
- Ensure that all purchase requisitions have been approved by the appropriate budget holder
- Receive and process all invoices ensuring that goods have been received and the expenditure has been approved
- Ensure that all expenditure is recorded against the relevant nominal code and cost centre, and that the correct VAT is used
- Prepare the weekly / fortnightly BACs payment runs and ensure that suppliers are paid within the payment terms
- Receive and check all statements from suppliers
- Investigate and action any issues that arise regards to creditors
- Regular review and maintenance of the outstanding purchase order and goods notes received notes report
The successful applicant will be self-motivated, have good numerical skills and have the ability to work as part of a lively team. You will have strong communication skills, have a calm and flexible approach and have excellent organisational skills. You will be honest, trustworthy and will support the organisations vision and values.
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment operating across the UK. Over the last ten years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.