Infrastructure Engineer – Team Lead - Enterprise Management Applications Service (EMAS)
Permanent positions based in Swansea. These roles may attract a DigiTec allowance of up to £15k depending a number of factors including specific grade, skills and experience.
£49,835 to £60,649 depending on skills and experience
(Salaries awarded will depend on skills and experience and the level of position applied for).
Would you like the opportunity to contribute to the development and support of new DVLA IT services? If so, our roles will provide the challenge you are looking for.
We are looking for Engineers and Technology/Team Managers to help build world class digital services where you'll be part of a team delivering both service excellence and agile change. You will be supporting the programme that migrates legacy technology onto new, cloud-based platforms that shape and deliver up to 50 projects of varying size, risk and complexity paving the way for the future business and service transformation.
2017 is going to be an exciting year in DVLA IT Services where we are continuing the major transformation of our legacy estate utilising an in-house developed and supported set of services. Our services will have the reach to every household in the UK, the size and scale would be the envy of any UK ecommerce service provider, so it will be a fabulous opportunity to make a difference for us and for you.
You will have the opportunity to:-
- Working with the head of the Operations Centre to deliver a complete and coherent service, including deputising when required.
- Manage a team, providing technical leadership and accountability for their outcomes
- Develop and maintain good relationships with stakeholders across the business
- Contribute to, and support, organisational change, embracing new ways of working
- Monitor technology and operational performance & quality to identify opportunities to improve it – continual improvement ethos
- Facilitate small and large changes – working alongside DVLA’s Architecture community
- Deploy appropriate problem solving skills when tackling complex technical/service/operational issues
- Demonstrate knowledge of a technical specialism
- Work on your own initiative
- Follow and/or contribute to the development of documented processes
- Work as part of a team to provide knowledge, help and advice
- Develop own skills and actively coach and develop others
- Develop an understanding of DVLA's services
Essential Criteria – Qualifications & Experience
You will have significant professional experience, relating to:-
- Working with a wide range of Microsoft or UNIX and other computing & networking technologies.
- Experience of monitoring with Application Performance Management (APM), GSM tools, Security Monitoring (e.g. ClearSwift), Syslog & Security Analytics (e.g. LogRhythm), Event Management (e.g. Zenoss, Zabbix, CA Spectrum, BMC), Workload Automation (e.g. CA WLA), and ITSM (e.g. ServiceNow)
- Strong ITIL framework background, and working within a Support/Operations role.
- Also an appreciation for programming languages such as Python, C++ or Java would be advantageous.
Additional Role Requirements
Candidates are required to be available on a rota basis to undertake out of hours activities and provide on call cover to support the service.
If you are interested in making an application, please email your CV which demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the above essential criteria. You will then be contacted by Experis who will issue further instructions about the application process.
Following this, an initial sift of your CV will be conducted against the essential criteria, if demonstrated you will be contacted to arrange telephone interview. The final stage of the process will be an interview and assessment.
The interview will consist of a range of question types. These could include questions about your strengths or how you may respond in any particular situation as well as specific examples of things you have done.
We expect the role will be open for applications for up to 4 weeks with candidates being assessed throughout this period.