Infrastructure Engineer – Platform Services (Unix – Cloud)
Permanent positions based in Swansea. These roles may attract a DigiTec allowance of up to £10k depending a number of factors including specific grade, skills and experience.
HEO - £29,241 to £32,367
SEO - £37,428 to £42,991
(Salaries awarded will depend on skills and experience and the level of position applied for).
Would you like the opportunity to contribute to the development and support of new DVLA IT services? If so, our roles will provide the challenge you are looking for.
We are looking for Infrastructure Engineers (Platform Services – Unix/Cloud Engineers) to help build world class digital services where you'll be part of a team delivering both service excellence and agile change. You will be supporting the programme that migrates legacy technology onto new, cloud-based platforms that shape and deliver up to 50 projects of varying size, risk and complexity paving the way for the future business and service transformation.
2017 is going to be an exciting year in DVLA IT Services where we are continuing the major transformation of our legacy estate utilising an in-house developed and supported set of services. Our services will have the reach to every household in the UK, the size and scale would be the envy of any UK ecommerce service provider, so it will be a fabulous opportunity to make a difference for us and for you.
You will have the opportunity to:-
- Work on your own initiative
- Take responsibility for large and small changes – including building and designing components, platforms and tools
- Analyse and resolve service delivery issues
- Follow and/or contribute to the development of documented processes
- Monitor technology performance and identify opportunities to improve it – continual improvement ethos
- Develop and maintain good relationships with stakeholders across the business
- Work as part of a team to provide knowledge, help and advice
- Develop own skills and actively coach and develop others
- Develop an understanding of DVLA's services
- Develop deeper technical knowledge and understanding
Essential Criteria – Qualifications & Experience
- IBM AIX
- Linux OS
- UNIX High availability solutions
- AWS Systems Operation Administration
- Enterprise management tooling e.g. ELK, CloudWatch, BMC, Zenoss
- ServiceNow or similar solutions
- HP UX
- RedHat Linux 6 and 7 and management tools
- Automation Tooling e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform or similar solutions
- PostgresSQL and MongoDB
- Deployment and Management of Cloud platforms (AWS)
- Logging implementation and management
- Monitoring implementation and management
- Problem solving and service improvement abilities
- Experience of dealing with stakeholders to deliver successful outcomes
- Working in teams to deliver continual improvements
- Experience of agile and waterfall project management methodologies
- Managing supporting 3rd party vendor services to deliver high availability services
- Shell scripting e.g. Powershell, BASH
- Enterprise class Backup/Restore products (e.g. Tivoli TSM)
If you are interested in making an application, please email your CV which demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the above essential criteria. You will then be contacted by Experis who will issue further instructions about the application process.
Following this, an initial sift of your CV will be conducted against the essential criteria, if demonstrated you will be contacted to arrange telephone interview. The final stage of the process will be an interview and assessment.
The interview will consist of a range of question types. These could include questions about your strengths or how you may respond in any particular situation as well as specific examples of things you have done.
We expect the role will be open for applications for up to 4 weeks with candidates being assessed throughout this period.