My NHS client in the west midlands are currently recruiting to a Band 7 Head of Costing role to lead on all issues relating to costing, including patient level costing, service line reporting and reference costing, to enable the Trust to meet statutory reporting duties and make robust business decisions.
Key Band 7 Head of Costing responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the implementation of SLR throughout the trust
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly service line reporting information on the income and expenditure position for budget holders
- To develop clinical engagement with SLR and PLIC’s
- To produce year-end costing forecasts using complex and sensitive information
- Advanced understanding of the principles of costing and its impact on decision making, and significant experience of the procedures involved with costing.
- Understanding of the financial management challenges facing the NHS
- The ability to understand the links between a wide range of financial and non-financial information, to understand the impact of business decisions on a range of factors and to analyse and quantify these impacts
- Analyse complex financial trends from many streams of data and forecast strategic and operational income forecasts
- CCAB Qualified Accountant or equivalent relevant experience;
- Commitment to and evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD);
My client are also considering taking on a junior costing accountant which will be a band 5/6 who will be assisting the head of costing in the transactional day to day activities.
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment, offering temporary, contract and permanent solutions. Over the last decade we have built up an enviable relationship with key employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation, making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
For the latest industry news, views and jobs follow our LinkedIn page (link removed)