Manufacturing Controller required for initial six month contract with multi national defence company.
Please not candidates will need to have or undergo UK Eyes Only SC before commencing this assignment.
The Manufacturing Controller will be responsible for carrying out manufacturing tasks with support to test & Inspection within the Henlow facility, in accordance with product certification procedures, defined workmanship standards, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives.
• Required to carry out painting, packing and unpacking of explosives and other general operation in accordance with Henlow operating procedures.
• Carry out detailed, standard assembly / manufacturing activities, undertaking all work to requisite procedures, quality standards, safety requirements and timescales.
• Support to Manufacturing Technicians for testing on products to ensure that they meet agreed specifications.
• Contribute, as required, in the organisation of the team’s work to achieve an efficient flow.
• Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
• Maintain a safe working environment.
• Maintain a good housekeeping policy.
• Willing to contribute to an environment of process improvement.
• Be able to work in a team environment.
Previous experience in the aerospace or defence industry would be desirable.
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
• Good planning and organisational skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Some engineering experience would be an advantage.
• 4 GCSE’s to include English & Maths
• ESD training.
• Live Build training (will be provided).
Looking for a Manufacturing Controller with a forklift truck license. Not looking for a warehouse operative / manager. Industry relevant experience would be an advantage
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.