Technical and Cost Manager
5 Month Contract
Competitive Hourly Rate
I am recruiting for a to Technical and Cost Manager to join one of our public sector clients Digital & Technology Department on a contract basis to help deliver IT solutions and products.
As a Technical and Cost Manager you will:
• Be responsible for the provision of new collaborative cloud based technology solutions for up to 30,000+ users including the roll out of Office 365, SharePoint and upgraded versions of Windows
• Locally developed applications (such as Excel files with complex Macros and access databases) across the estate will need to be made ready for the new solution and in several cases, they will require remediation
• This role will focus on Personal Productivity Applications (PPA) that the business units have developed locally reporting into the application readiness work stream lead
• This is a hands-on role where the technical lead will be expected to manage the project and personally fix and remediate PPAs so technical skills are essential
• Manage the PPA requirements, ensuring resources are supplied to support the business areas in their remediation and testing activities
• Carefully manage time to manage the delivery of multiple simultaneous projects
To be a successful Technical and Cost Manager you will have:
• Previous experience project management with a focus on application upgrades / development
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office tools
• Proven hands-on experience of developing and supporting applications using Microsoft office, Access and VBA.
• Hands on experience of creating and supporting complex Macros with office application, especially excel.
• Hands on experience of developing and supporting access databases (using all versions of access).
• Have advanced technical skills in Microsoft Office Products and tools.
• Full lifecycle project management experience (multiple projects)
• Significant experience of managing multiple, occasionally conflicting, priorities and delivering to time, budget and quality
• Experience engaging with the business to understand their requirements and manage their expectations appropriately.
• Broad skilled software development professional with deep skills in certain areas such as testing, but also skilled in other areas such as project management, coding and/or analysis.
• Experience with Agile programming techniques such as test driven development, spec by example, Scrum.
• Have strong communication skills and proven ability in understanding business objectives and providing solutions accordingly.
• Understanding of the Government and working in the justice system
• Delivering projects in a Central Government Department
• Experience managing multiple third party suppliers
• PRINCE2 Practitioner certification
To apply for this role please send through your CV for consideration and we will be in touch should your experience match our criteria. Unfortunately due to high volume we will only be able to contact those who have been shortlisted
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.