An opportunity has arisen for an Integrated Logistic Support (ILS)/Supportability Engineer to join the ILS Team to apply their skills on a wide range of dynamic, fast-moving projects within a multi national defence company.
. This role would suit an ILS Engineer, Supportability Engineer or Logistics Engineer with experience working in either the Defence or Commercial environment.
Role Purpose: To perform Supportability Engineering tasks in support of business winning and/or contracted work packages. Typical tasks relate to the progression of “Design for Support” objectives, the development of the system support solutions, the identification of logistic support resource requirements, the generation of support deliverables, and the validation and verification of supportability and supportability-related requirements.
As a Supportability Engineer within the ILS team you will:
? Manage small to medium sized ILS work packages on behalf of the Project ILS manager.
? Define support requirements for the product and influence the product design to enhance supportability through life.
? Progressively validate, verify and report design compliance with the support requirements.
? Identify the support needs through application of Support Analysis addressing: whole life cost, level of repair, maintenance tasks, reliability centred maintenance, logistics information, tools and test equipment etc.
? Develop and communicate the product support strategy and associated plans.
? Scope the range and scale of resources, (manpower, skills, information and equipment) required to support the product through life.
? Ensure that the necessary support resources are available to deliver support at entry into service.
? Attend internal and Customer Programme, Design and ILS Reviews.
Problem Solving Challenges
The successful candidate will need to:
• Be qualified to degree standard or have equivalent experience in an engineering discipline.
• Have demonstrable experience of solving challenging problems within tight timescales and budgets.
• Have demonstrable experience in the application of Supportability Engineering tasks and techniques.
• Demonstrate an understanding of UK and international standards, and guidance, relating to ILS activities.
• Have good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Exhibit well-developed planning and organisational abilities.
• Be a strong negotiator and influencer.
• Have the ability to work individually well or within a team.
Additional Job Details: Working knowledge of UK and international ILS standards and guidance documents. Experienced in performance of supportability analysis and support solution development. Ability to progress assigned ILS work packages within a team environment. Track record in development of ILS plans and deliverables. Demonstrates a customer & results orientation.
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.