Treasury Accountant required to join an innovative public sector organisation based in Northampton.
Our client, one of the largest public sector shared services ventures of its kind in the UK, is looking for an experienced Treasury Accountant to join their dynamic and friendly finance function on a full-time, interim basis.
As the Group Accountant for Treasury and Taxation, you will be working within the shared services strategic finance team. Working within a team of nine, the main duties of the role will be in respect of the treasury management function (investments and borrowing) - and will also include tasks related to VAT, alongside other duties below:
Key responsibilities of the Treasury Accountant:
Lead on all aspects of treasury by:
- Reviewing and signing off treasury reconciliations and returns and performance indicators
- Reviewing and signing off VAT returns and reconciliations
- Overseeing the day to day work of the Accounting Technician and Assistant Accountant
- Dealing with queries relating to treasury management and VAT returns
- Ad hoc tasks related to treasury management
- Undertake debt financing budget monitoring and budget build
- Make recommendations to the Chief Finance Officer in respect of borrowing and investment decisions and implement as agreed
- Produce treasury reports to officers and members as required
- Management of third party loans
- Making investment decisions within the parameters of external and internal regulations and with regard to cash flow data
- Preparing ad hoc leasing calculations and advice as required
- Completing closedown activities related to treasury (including financial instruments), leasing and VAT
- Complete Minimum Revenue Provision calculations
Required skills and experience of the Treasury Accountant:
- Experience of treasury management
- Able to juggle conflicting priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Accurate and highly numerate
- Able to explain financial matters to those not from a financial background
- Confident and articulate
- Able to ‘think on your feet’
- Able to work with external advisers and counterparties
- Honest and reliable
- Highly competent user of Excel and Word
- An experienced user of Agresso and/or Oracle ERP systems would be desirable
- Ideally CCAB qualified or equivalent
This is fantastic opportunity to join a progressive organisation, with a fast-paced and friendly culture.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Accounts Assistant role, please apply now, or contact Daniella Pye at Sellick Partnership.
Disclaimer: Please note our advertisements use years’ experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.